Saturday, September 1, 2012

Fall Inspiration (Yay! September's Here!)

I love September...it's always been my favorite month,and not just because I have a September birthday. I love the (theoretically) cooler weather, the start of a new school year, the new clothes for fall, and especially the giant, humongous fashion magazines! This month's Vogue is a whopper...it's so big that I feel bad for the mail carriers.

The designers always seem to put out their best work in the fall, and the first few pages of advertisements are always a delight to the eye.

 

Now this is actually a Ralph Lauren ad, but I waved my little photo-editing wand over it and made it look old & "vintagey". I just love the overlapping, contrasting textures and the rich color palette. The setting, the makeup, the old car...love, love,love! the only thing that would make it better would be if the fur was faux. Sadly, I think it's real...*sigh*...someday, people will evolve.

Now if it would just cool off a teensy bit so we could bust out the sweaters and boots :-)
I can't wait for that first day when there's a crisp snap in the air and the leaves look a bit yellow & orange...I love the fall!
What is your favorite season?

1 comment:

  1. OMG!! I adore this picture, it is such inspiration. I just found your blog through The Citizen Rosebud's blog list. I really like all the info about vintage fashion and your blog is very helpful.

    http://www.mysmallwardrobe.com/

    ReplyDelete