Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Tiki Tuesday: Thrift Store Finds

Have you ever had the wonderful experience of wishing for something, and then almost magically finding it?

I have been thinking a bit about doing a little new artwork with a tiki theme. The first thing I need when I start a new art project is resource materials, and I was just starting to think along those lines, when...voila! Look what I found!

 

There is a little thrift store on my street, which, to be honest, rarely coughs up anything great. This day, however, it was home to an enormous collection of old books on primitive cultures, including these nice books.

Check out the illustrations!

 

I can't wait to put these to use...stay tuned for a little artwork, maybe!

 

3 comments:

  1. Those books are fantastic! Hope we get to see your artwork ;-)

    It's a pleasant surprise when your local thrift shop comes up with something good. I rarely find anything at the ones near me. I don't think anything decent ever makes it to the shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very cool. I'd probably frame a few of these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zowee!!! What great reference books! I can't wait to see what you do with these as a starting point!

    ReplyDelete